Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

CWB block completed, Wool fabric and more AQC quilts

My 15th block done... 5 to go and borders. The feathers weren't as difficult as I expected and I used blanket stitch for the feet and beak.



For sometime now I have seen quilts and other smaller items done using wool. It always looks so primitive and effective, so I have purchased a table runner kit and a stack of wool pieces to begin a stash.  I am told that working with wool is quick, easy and addictive !


For those who follow my blog, it's not a surprise that I love music. Mainly Smooth Jazz and Classical.  I have had the opportunity from time to time to attend live shows in my hometown as well as overseas.  Later in the year I'm going on a Smooth Jazz cruise in the Mediterranean so I've been thinking about making a quilt to celebrate that occasion.

While I was at AQC show on Saturday with so many vendors all in one venue it was the perfect time to look for music themed fabrics.  I was lucky to get quite a few fat quarters but if you know of online stores that do sell music themed fabrics please let me know...
I used my daughter's trumpet as part of the prop to show you my lovely fabrics.
 




Here are some more pictures of the quilts that I saw over the weekend at the Australasian Quilt Convention.  They are so unique and at the highest quality.


I noticed that many quilts have circular shapes, so I wonder if that's a trend we are going through at the moment...